Sunday, October 28, 2007

Death Clock

So here's the deal:

In a month, I will be moving on from Ironic Teachings.

It's not that I don't like to write.
It's not that I don't have enough readers.
It's not that I don't have anything to say.

The problem is that anonymity is gone. Too many people (students, colleagues, higher-ups) are sharing the site name with each other, coming along and reading, and then complaining or are just worried about what is being said.

There is a real fear. And with fear comes threats and problems. So, in order to avoid anymore problems, I am retiring this blog for a short time. Think Michael Jordan in the early nineties...except I won't play baseball, I'll just write somewhere else.

If you are interested in knowing where I will be, you can contact me through email. Though it sounds bad, if I think you should be allowed to stay on, dear reader, I will give you details.

So there it is. The countdown is on.

Let me make it clear to those of you who read this: I love this blog. I will be back to it one day, so it isn't going away, just me.

Namaste,

Leab

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a good run, Leab. And you'll be back. Sometimes diplomacy is a necessary evil. Isn't it funny that the same people who carry on about the First Amendment can be the quickest to go after speakers of free speech??

Arthur Willoughby said...

Kinda saw this coming. Sucks, though.

Keep in touch via e-mail once you're done, willya?

Anonymous said...

NOOOOO! Tis a sad day indeed when the wittiest, most intelligent blog out there goes *poof* and vanishes. Please keep me updated on the future location of this blog.

I love you guy who is still very young.

Love
Sister #1 who is not so young anymore............