Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Fun With Lists

This is the first time I have ever been nailed with one of these. I've seen them on Michele's blog, but I figured I was safe. Then again, I thought the same thing about comment spammers (I hate them so much). And, because I can't sleep, I present 30 questions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Oh jiminy. John Cleese, Kelly Osbourne, Scott Weiland, Simon Lebon, Dylan Thomas (ties into my parents..weirdly) and Teddy Roosevelt.
2. Where was your first kiss?

First kiss ever was by the jungle gym in 3rd grade.
First hardcore (read longer than two seconds) was in 9th grade behind the gym.
3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?

What is "seriously vandalized"? Doesn't matter, yes.
4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?

If you don't count checking, then no. Never once come close even when pushed.
5. Have you ever sang in front of a large number of people?

Yup. In my 6th grade music teacher's drapes even. I sang a song about being the sun. I'm not kidding. It was based on a japanese fable. The sun and the moon watched over everything and commented in song. I've also sung in public both drunk and not.
6. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?

You know, I would love to be noble and say something like, "They way they talk, or the way they wear their hat," but I have to be honest. The first thing ANYONE notices about the opposite sex is how they look. It's the first thing we see. Duh! If I have to pick a specific part, it's the eyes. Bodies come and go, but the eyes tell the whole story of a person.
7. What really turns you on?
A great sense of humor, showing intelligence without showing off, and slight daring.
8. What do you order at Starbucks?
Everyone to get on the ground while I rob the place. I mean $3.25 for a small coffee? You have the money. Ok, fine. I don't drink coffee. So the very last time I was at Starbucks, I was at the airport waiting for my wife. I ordered hot cocoa and a cookie. Yes, I'm that much of a dork, and a big kid.
9. What is your biggest mistake?

The one I know about? Those "lost" years. The one I don't? Is there a mini-me out there I haven't met yet?
10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?

Sure. First of all, it can make people laugh. Secondly, humans are slightly self-destructive. Eat at a fast food restaurant? You're hurting yourself. You get the idea.
11. Say something totally random about yourself.

I don't have to grow up, but I have to get old. Not random enough? When I was a kid, I believed my stuffed bear had feelings, so I could never throw it away. When my dog ate it...I was crushed.
12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Oh God. I've mentioned this before. Yes. Greg Grunberg.
13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?

What is a "kiddy movie" or "tv show"? I like Charlie Brown, the Batman (orig) cartoon, and Disney flicks. Need more? I think I have a Squirtle (from Pokemon) a kid I used to work with gave me. Not embarassed.
14. Did you have braces?

Yes. Yes I did. And I have a great smile to prove it.
15. Are you comfortable with your height?

Comfortable? Yeah, though I often wonder what it would be like to be shorter or taller.
16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?

Stuck around. Ok, seriously though, the MOST romantic thing? Pretended to be drunk in order to stay at my house and talk to me for most of the night.
17. When do you know it's love?

When you don't look around anymore. When that person is the only one you see. When you suddenly smile when you hear or see them.
18. Do you speak any other languages?

I speak German, I have rudimentary Spanish and Italian, and I can swear and ask for bathrooms or beer in many other languages.
19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?

Been to one? Yes. Tanned there? NOOOO. I prefer the old fashioned way.
20. What magazines do you read?

Way too many. Sampling? Wine Spectator, Entertainment Weekly, The Hockey News, Newsweek, and on and on it goes. There's a stack of magazines next to my desk that's...let me measure here...9 inches tall. That's about two weeks worth of magazines. I read too much.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?

Yup, but I still prefer to drive in style, instead of ride.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?

Sadly yes. Too many.
23. Do you watch mtv?

When I can't sleep, and they actually show videos (around three in the morning).
24. What's something that really annoys you?

Damn know-it-alls. Especially teenage know-it-alls. The one's who think they have life figured out, but have never worked a day in their life. Ugh.
25. What's something you really like?

My wife, my cats, hockey, and wine. In that order.
26. Do you like Michael Jackson?

I think the better question is: Does he like me? The answer to that is no. Do I like him? Well, he's not bad in doses. Any music heard over and over and over gets annoying.
27. Can you dance?

Ever seen Napoleon Dynamite? Yeah, that's me, but more white. But I can waltz, baby. I can waltz.
28. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?

I performed a psychological experiment in college to see the effects of a person who stayed up for a week. It almost killed me. I managed to make it to day six before my body shut down on me. That was another rough period.
29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?

Yup, when I was two. I had feveral convulsions and stopped breathing. My sister Constance told me years later that she was so mad at me, because she was supposed to get ice cream, but because of me...she didn't. I think she may still be bitter to this day...and she's lactose intolerant, people!
30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?

I do. Even if you're incredibly boring. Why? It's good insight into people.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to answer these questions on your own blog or send me answers to one or more in comments or in my email.
Oh and happy birthday to Xavier Pagano. You're now a 1 year old. Congrats.
Someday, little XAP, you may read this and see this picture of yourself as a youngin' and ask, "What the hell am I doing?" Well, when you were this small, your really enjoyed sucking on my finger. Why? I have no clue. If you were fussy, crying, or whatever, I just put my finger in your hand, you put it in your mouth and started going to town. I had to pull VERY hard to get my finger back. It was cute and kinda frightening at the same time. Sure do miss you being up here, kiddo.
Happy birthday.
Your (unofficial) uncle Leab.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog, i ripped ur questions and hope to put it on my blog too soon!
have a nice day
regards
g

http://g-thisisme.blogspirit.com

Admin Worm said...

Leab, I wrote an essay a while back about stuffed animals but was embarrassed to post it.

After reading yours, I may post it after all.