Saturday, October 29, 2005

Life: Rated for Your Approval

This Is My Life, Rated
Life:
7.8
Mind:
6.8
Body:
6.1
Spirit:
7.8
Friends/Family:
6
Love:
9.1
Finance:
8.8
Take the Rate My Life Quiz

One of my favorite students took this quiz and scored (at least she felt) slightly low on it. Well, being as my insomnia has been kicking in alot lately (here's a tip: If you sprain your ankle, find a way to not swing that ankle into a cat and thereby wake up in pain...not a good idea), I figured, "What the hell?" The questions are pretty easy, and I was very surprised at the outcome. I figured I should talk about each of this:

I understand why Love has the highest score: I'm a happily married man coming up on the five year anniversary. My wife and I click, and I dig that.

Finance is funny. I'm a teacher who doesn't make "the big bucks" as my wife's co-workers like to tell me. Yet, I'm happy about my job which means I have a high score. Ah the balance of life.

The thing that gets me is the high spirit score. I'm essentially an Agnostic Taoist. Yet, I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with blind faith (which seems to be happening more and more), yet my spirit score is higher than a friend of mine who is a devout (and I mean DEVOUT) Catholic. This is a guy who praises God at every turn, yet his spirit score was lower than mine. Maybe it's because of his philosophies about life, I don't know.

Considering that I am an angry, slightly obsessive-compulsive insomniac, who, in his own opinion, is out of shape, my score was much higher than I thought it would be. It's very strange.

Oh, and Herr Worm...apparently...I'm Stoner Bear. Trippy.

Then again, what do I know? I'm the guy in the back of the church asked to leave because I fell asleep. I could be wrong.

No comments: