I get this list sent to me and I think, "Hey, here's a fun Wednesday acticity. Plus this looks so original."
Then I start reading through archives of the various blogs. (I do that. It's a great way to:
1. Understand people, and
2. Have a good laugh.)
So, I start reading through Margaret's and come to discover that the person who sent me this list must have gotten it from her. Well...que sera.
1. Your name spelled backwards. Well, officer, it's baeL.
2. Where were your parents born? Columbus, Ohio, and Cologne, Germany.
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? This picture of Chris Penn.
4. What is your favorite restaurant? Honestly? I prefer to cook, but, because I have to choose, Aquavit.
5. Last time you swam in a pool? September. At my parents' place.
6. Have you ever been in a school play? Too freakin many. Before college, I was most memorable as Pedro, the rapist...oops, I mean "abductor" in Man of La Mancha. I was greased up with baby oil...not a good night.
In college...well, I was mostly backstage, but my voice was used in many productions, and I played a crooked cop in a movie. Good stuff. Moving on....
7. How many kids do you want? I'm not sure I would be a good father, but again, I have to answer, so two (a boy and a girl).
8. Type of music you dislike most? Hick-Hop. 'Nuff said.
9. Are you registered to vote? Yes, under three different names....I love this country. Oh...uh...hi Secret Service...are you enjoying my blog? Of course I'm kidding.........
10. Do you have cable? Yup. Channel upon channel of TV that I don't really watch.
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped? Yup. Even drove one once in a foggy Guinness-induced haze.
12. Ever prank call anybody? Yup. I'm a baaaaaaad monkey.
13. Ever get a parking ticket? Funny story. Uh, yes, and I once had to eat one because I lost a bet.
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Sure, why not?
15. Farthest place you ever traveled? Hmm. From where? From here? Well, I guess it would be the Galapagos Islands or Germany.
16. Do you have a garden? Yup. I grow many things, but I love my roses.
17. What's your favorite comic strip? Zits. Look, I work with HIGHSCHOOL STUDENTS!
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? Yes, and the Canadian Anthem as well. It pisses off the people around me at hockey games that I can sing it.
19. Best movie you've seen in the past month? One? Crash and Good Night and Good Luck.
20. Favorite pizza topping? Bacon. (I'm a bad half-Jew...thanks Dad).
21. Chips or popcorn? Where? Movies? Popcorn. Game? Chips. Home? Popcorn
22. What color lipstick do you usually wear? I'm glad you asked. None.
23. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? COUGH...COUGH. Next question.
24. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? Yes. It was...bad.
25. Orange Juice or apple? Apple juice
26. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine? My wife and some of her friends went to Azia. Great food. That's ALL I'm saying.
27. Favorite type chocolate bar? I prefer Starbursts, but if you want a chocolate bar: 5th Avenue bar.
28. When was the last time you voted at the polls? Three times last November...oh...hello again Agent..uh...Mathers.
29. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Three nights ago. My neighbors have a huge indoor garden.
30. Have you ever won a trophy? Ja. A few. Last one was for tech work.
31. Are you a good cook? I try to be. My wife and I make a killer team.
32. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Let's see. I turn on the gas and use a lighter, right?
33. Ever order an article from an infomercial? Yup. I was drunk and ordered a George Foreman Grill back when you could only get them on TV.
34. Sprite or 7-up? Neither. Wait, It's with Seagram's? 7-up.
35. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? Yes. The Techie Uniform! (Also known as all black).
36. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy? Two magazines and a Coke.
37. Ever throw up in public? Yup. I was out of the hospital and threw up on the doorman of the hotel at which my parents were staying.
38. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? True love. I found it. It's better than money.
39. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, but the feeling isn't always right. (A story for another time).
40. Ever call a 1-900 number? Yes. Won a contest too.
41. Can exes be friends? Yes, but only if the relationship doesn't end really badly.
42. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? My father. Wait, does my doctor count?
43. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby? Mom? What's that? The normal amount? What does that mean?
44. What message is on your answering machine? "You've reached the Leab residence. No one can take your call right now, but if you leave your name and number, someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks."
45. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character? Either Ed Grimley or Tommy Flanagan.
46. What was the name of your first pet? Mimsie Jo Frank (thanks a lot Mom).
47. What is in your wallet? Credit cards, some business cards, a picture of my wife, and an emergency key for my car.
48. Favorite thing to do before bedtime? There might be children reading this, so read.
49. What is one thing you are grateful for today? That my family is alive and well.