Thursday, September 01, 2005

Do You Mind If I Take This?

Here's the thing about all the chaos in New Orleans that I find unbelievable: Look beyond the fact that members of the government and weather services have been warning about this day. Forget the fact that gas is about to almost double in price (though it's still less than, say, Ireland where it's $7 (U.S.) a gallon). The thing that I find unbelievable (and slightly funny) is that police in New Orleans are ignoring the (and I quote), "peaceful looters." Is this going to become a trend? Could you imagine a person breaking into your home and being told by the police, "Well, they were doing it peacefully. We need to concentrate on the gangs." So, I have come up with a plan.
Hey, we all need some extra cash to pay for gas (and I agree with Chris Rock: gas is going to be hellaciously expensive very soon), so why not take a road trip to the French Quarter and do some "peaceful looting"? Think about it:
1. Go to a bank: Well, officer, I believe that I will be entering that bank and procuring some fiduciary means for myself. Have a nice day.
2. Go to a Wal-Mart, "borrow" a few gas cans, then go to a gas station: Well, officer, with the gas prices so high, I figured I would head down and to the local petrol station and give myself a supply which would in turn save me money and allow me to spend more money on saving the rainforest or even lovely New Orleans.
3. Go to a jewelry store: Officer, with my anniversary coming up, I would like to give my wife something special to show her how much I love her. That's why I dove underwater, smashed the case, and took the $21,000 necklace. Wouldn't you do the same?
I figure that all of those are pretty peaceful. Sure, I had to use the word, "smash," but I figure that the rest are nice and docile.
Anyone up for a road trip?

1 comment:

Admin Worm said...

He he he!