Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ramblings for the Evening (8/3/05)

Note: This post contains possibly offensive jokes. You've been warned, blah, blah, blah.
Satan goes to Hell
Seriously. Miroslav Satan signed with the New York Islanders. Sure, there won't be the awesome headline about Satan and the Devils, but Satan is going to be playing in Long Island. That's really and truly Hell on Earth.
No one dies in Canadian plane crash
Once again Canada is able to get something right that we Americans really can't. Not a single person from the plane died. Beyond that, there was no pushing or shoving to get out. It was, "a textbook evacuation," they said. We can be embarrassed now.
South Korean doctors clone a dog
Politically correct version: Congratulations. Science around the world takes another stride toward conquering the unknown of death.
Politically incorrect version: Congratulations. No one will go hungry again.
Americans are becoming ruder (No Duh)
According to a poll on CNN (if we can actually believe the media these days), Americans are now the rudest people in the world. First of all, HAHAHAHAHA. Second of all, this is news? How could we not be? Before you get all riled up and start a "Love it or leave it" comment, really think about it. I got my haircut today. While I was in the chair, a customer came in and wanted a cut as well. The woman cutting my hair wanted to finish the one section before helping the customer, but the customer was impatient. After twenty seconds, the customer said, "Heellllooo. I want some service here." Jen (the stylist) put her scissors and walked over to help Rude Customer (RC from here on). RC tapped repeatedly on the desk and said, "I want a cut...now."
"You'll have to wait about fifteen minutes. I have to finish him first."
RC was not having that. "Fifteen minutes. That's bullshit. I want a cut right now. He can wait. I'm in a hurry. Let's go. You, in the chair (she meant me), get out of the chair. Now!"
Neither Jen nor I could believe this chick. Jen looked at me and asked, "Do you believe this?"
I sat quietly for a second, then said, "Wow. That was rude."
RC turned red and said, "Fuck you both. I didn't want to help your business anyway. Screw you bitch and (now pointing at me) screw you fuckhead!" And with that, she stormed out.
It's not just instances like that, however, that prove the point. When I was at the New England Aquarium, two parents pushed (without asking me to move or anything) my wife and I over so they and their kids could see penguins. When I said, "Excuse me, you could have asked us to move," the response I got was, "We have children. You HAVE to move for us." They did the same thing while we waited in line for the IMAX movie. Because they had kids, they believed they should be first.
Students, parents, and the general public have become ruder as well. I'm used to students dropping f-bombs on me (thus be sent out of my room), but after I failed one student for not only not showing up, but doing no work as well, her mom called me and bitched me out. You want to make a point with me? Then don't call me, "a retarded asshole," because YOUR kid didn't show up to class. How can I help your kid to learn if they aren't in my classroom? That's preposterous to blame me. Oy vey.
On a better note
Ok, so enough of the blah, blah, blah and wah, wah, wah. Go look at
Meredith's photos. She's quite a talented photgrapher (in my humble opinion).
Have a good night.

1 comment:

Ironic said...

Why Ms, Meredita...Are you saying tht I AM those things? I'm so distraught....At least I'm not a bench tease...kidding, kidding.