Monday, December 19, 2005

Mail Mondays (12/19/05)

Ok, so the blog is still here.
"It's a Christmas miracle, Martha."
No it's not.
"Then, it's a Holiday miracle...."
No. It's not.
I'm just too damn stubborn to walk away in under a year. Come April, I'll reasses.
Speaking of which, congratulations to all the bloggers celebrating their blogoversaries right now. Keep up the good work. (You know, you could probably put "blog" before anything and it would work....)

Mail-wise, I got alot this week. Most of it was anonymous comments, and some of it was ripping on my choices.
You want some mail? Huh? Do ya?
Too bad, you're getting it anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leabowitz,
Tell us: where do you teach?
Anony

Dear Anony,
I teach in St. Paul.
That's all I'm saying.
Protect the school.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leab,
If someone wanted to be in touch, how might they?
Anonymous Stalkerous

Dear Anonymous Stalkerous,
Email is best until I know who exactly you are.
I recommend the ole ironicteachings@hotmail.com
Best way to reach me.
Yup.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I.T.
Why do you suck up to Rex so much?
How did you get on the Aggregator?
What's the deal with the whole Keillor/Sorgatz fight thing?
And who won?
Random Citizen

Dear RC,
I don't really suck up to Rex. If I was going to suck up, I would say things like, "Hey Rex, you're great. Greaty great great. How about putting Voix de Michele on the ole Aggregator. That would be great. Yup great."
See, I don't do that.
In fact, I still don't get my inclusion in the Aggregator.
Alexis: Pretty and smart with a helpful service
Sopheva: Same with pics
Political blogs: whatever you feel, it's there. I don't do politics.
I could go on and on
You want to know why I'm on MNSpeak? I think it's because I wrote for Slanderous.
(Note: I AM NOT THE SLANDERIZER. STOP ASKING ME!)
As for Keillor/Sorgatz. Ok, it started with Rex getting SERVED by Keillor. I just decided to try and make it funny. (And several emails tell me...not so much. Apparently you don't pick on Garrison Keillor in this state...if you're a transplant.) I was just trying to satirize an important Twin Cities event.
As for the winner? Well, it was (NOT TO BE REVEALED UNTIL THURSDAY BY COURT ORDER).
So there you go.
I'm still trying to figure out this "dinner thing."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Teachings,
What's the deal with you picking on Don Shelby?
What did he ever do to you?
Picking on Eric Perkins is fine, but why Shelby?
Jason DeRusha (Just kidding. It was Paul Douglas... or was it?)

Dear PD,
Because of every single anchor in the Twin Cities, Shelby looks as if he gets a joke better than anyone. Seriously.
Wait, why is picking on Eric Perkins ok? What did HE ever do to YOU?
Seriously though, I've written a couple jokes about Shelby, and he hasn't complained or sent a nastygram (unlike another anchor in this town. Seriously. No, I will not name names.)
Top member of the MSM in this town is still DeRusha. He's got panache. Yeah.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it for this week. There will be no mail next week due to me being at my in-laws. Write me anyway.
Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody new has been added to the aggregator.

Ironic said...

You have to love the power of the written word.
See Rex, you should remove me.