Friday, May 27, 2005

Pure Genius (Sort Of)

If this had been a cat, turkey, chicken, or even a pig, no one would care. Personally I'm jealous that I didn't think of this. Maybe I could do something similar using a dog...
However, as I thought about it more, this is really similar to what they did with Larry the Lobster on Saturday Night Live. Don't remember that? Ok, they had an on-air stunt. They showed a lobster (Larry, natch) and a boiling pot of water. The announcer then came on and said that you could call one of two numbers. The first placed Larry into his last bath, the other spared him the spa treatment. In a cruel twist, the boilers outdid the rescuers, and Larry was boiled.
Check out the website, but be forewarned. I really don't think poor Toby is going to that great big field in the sky anytime soon.

No comments: